End 3Q: Rockets 91, Cavs 88
* The Cavs have an amazing ability to allow 3-pointers at quarter buzzers. It happened at the half and again at the third quarter buzzer.
* The Rockets scored 19 of the first 23 points in the quarter, then the Cavs responded with a late 11-0 run to crawl back into it. Ramon Sessions playing well again with 15 points and nine assists. Antawn Jamison has 24 points and Jamario Moon has three 3-pointers for 11 points.
* Defense has been a rumor in this game. First team to 130 wins.
Half: Cavs 65, Rockets 61
* That renewed focus on defense doesn't seem to be carrying over to the court, where these two teams are on pace to combine for more than 250 points.
* Much better job of rebounding in the second quarter for the Cavs, who are shooting 58 percent from the floor.
* Manny Harris has returned from exile with 11 points, five rebounds and five assists in 12 minutes off the bench. Harris had become the forgotten man when the roster healed, but Byron Scott maintained Harris would still get minutes. Tonight is proof.
End 1Q: Rockets 28, Cavs 27
* Someone might want to get a body on Chuck Hayes. He's already got 12 rebounds, including NINE offensive rebounds. The Cavs have nine rebounds total.
* Given that, it's amazing the Cavs have been able to keep it this close.
* Kevin Martin has 11 points after scoring a career-high 40 against the Cavs in the December game at Houston.
* Ramon Sessions has 10 points for the Cavs, but J.J. Hickson and Antawn Jamison have combined for exactly one rebound. Cavs hammered on the boards 20-9.