End 3Q: Timberwolves 102, Cavs 71
* Not much left to say without repeating myself. The Timberwolves are up to 16 3-pointers, which are a new franchise record. They're shooting 60 percent for the game.
* Mo Williams spiked the ball out of frustration going into a timeout in the quarter. This is a frustrated team unsure of what to do to pull out of this funk. They've now been blown out in three straight games.
* Kevin Love has 28 points and 19 rebounds. If the score wasn't so out of hand, he may have made another run at 30 rebounds.
Halftime: Timberwolves 73, Cavs 54
* This is about a worst-case scenario coming off Thursday's worst-case scenario. The Cavs were late rotating at times in the half, leaving the Timberwolves with open shots. At other times, the Wolves just knocked down contested jumpers. They finish the half shooting 62 percent and 11 of 14 on 3-pointers. Two of those 3-point misses were half-court heaves at the end of quarters.
* The Cavs tried everything, including a little zone. Nothing worked. And this is a Wolves team that entered with four wins and 29th in the league in shooting at 42 percent. Those numbers alone demand that they cool off at some point. But it might already bee too late. The 73 points allowed, not surprisingly, are a season-high for the Cavs.
* The Cavs don't have an answer for Kevin Love, which isn't much of a surprise. Most teams in the league struggle figuring out what to do with him. Love has 20 points and 13 rebounds and is a magnet with the ball. Anytime the Cavs fumble a potential rebound, it always seems to drop into his hands.
* Antawn Jamison has 15 points and is shooting a little better than he has been. Ramon Sessions has 12 points and three assists in his return to the Target Center. Everyone else has been fairly forgettable.
End 1Q: Timberwolves 37, Cavs 24
* This wasn't the type of start the Cavs were hoping for after Thursday's disaster. The Timberwolves shot 70 percent in the quarter. They've had a lot of uncontested looks and some where the Cavs get a hand in their face late. They're all going in. This is a team that entered 29th in the league in shooting at 42 percent.
* Kevin Love had eight rebounds in the first quarter. It's early, but yes, he's on pace for 30. That "power vs. power" thing Byron Scott was hoping for with Leon Powe isn't working so well.
* Scott started Powe and Jawad Williams because both J.J. Hickson and Joey Graham are suffering from a stomach virus. Both stayed back at the team hotel.
* The Timberwolves have their own problems with Michael Beasley missing the game with a sprained right ankle he suffered Friday night at San Antonio. Clearly, the Timberwolves aren't missing him to this point.