7 p.m., The Q, WTAM/FSN
Cavs probable starters: PG Ramon Sessions, SG Anthony Parker, SF Jamario Moon, PF J.J. Hickson, C Anderson Varejao
Celtics probable starters: PG Rajon Rondo, SG Ray Allen, SF Paul Pierce, PF Kevin Garnett, C Shaquille O'Neal
Officials: Bob Delaney, Michael Smith, Haywoode Workman
* Mo Williams is still questionable after this morning's shootaround. Byron Scott still needs to bring him up to speed on the offense, while his conditioning and groin injury remain a concern. Williams just went through a vigorous workout and will be re-evaluated tonight when he returns to the arena, but it sure doesn't sound like he's going to play. His groin his healed, but losing five days of maintenance and treatment while attending his father-in-law's funeral in Mississippi is forcing the Cavs to be cautious.
* As for learning the new components of the offense, Williams doesn't seem concerned. "It doesn't take me long," he said. "Just show me once, I got it."
* Scott watched Boston's 88-80 win over Miami last night and came away with one impression: They're pretty good. "A lot of people haven't been talking about them all summer long. I think a lot of people tend to forget that two of the last three championship series, they've been involved in. So they're very experienced, they've got guys who are winners. Great coach, probably three Hall of Famers... I don't think they're going to go quietly into the night like a lot of people in the East think they are. They're going to put up a fight all season long."
* Owner Dan Gilbert is making the media rounds this week and will probably be available tonight before the game. Heard him on WKNR this morning. His message is simple: He's moving on and excited for this season.
* Cavs are redecorating the hallways this morning that lead to the locker rooms. The old murals celebrating James' All-Star MVPs and Olympic gold medals have been taken down. They have been replaced with one smaller picture listing all of his accomplishments. All of the hallways are being redecorated to match the team's new wine and gold color scheme.
- 2013 (149)
- 2012 (345)
- 2011 (275)
- 2010 (471)
- 2009 (188)
- 2008 (125)
- 2007 (164)
- 2006 (83)
- 2005 (24)