* The Cavaliers may have a real find in Ramon Sessions. Runs the floor well, seems comfortable in the offense and has a presence about him on the floor. Could be a nice surprise on a team desperate to find one.
* Byron Scott is hollering for the Cavs to run after every rebound. "Let's go! Let's go!" was shouted over and over.
* The two teams started the game a combined 2 for 14 from the floor. Definitely the first preseason game.
* Cavs started game 7 of 8 from the line. That's something to watch throughout the preseason, since the Cavs were an awful free throw shooting team last year.
* Scott could have a fine coming. The NBA this year is requiring coaches to wear collared shirts on the bench, but Scott is following the Stan Van Gundy look tonight with the mock turtleneck.
* Cavs held Bobcats to 5 of 23 shooting for the quarter. That could be first-night rust more than anything, though.