People love predictions, but I don't. Even so, here's my best guess as to what will happen with the Cavs/NBA this season. Feel free to tack on your own predictions in the comments section:
- Cavs record: 47-35. Ironically, this is the same record I predicted last season. Do I not think this is a better team than last year's? Of course. However, I know that the entire Eastern Conference and especially Central Division are better. Even Atlanta and Charlotte, you won't just be able to walk into those arenas and win anymore.
- Cavs finish: 3rd in the Central Division, No. 5 in the Eastern Conference. Call me a realist.
- Eastern Conference champ: Indiana. What? I love Ron Artest.
- Western Conference champ: San Antonio. Edging out Golden State. Just kidding.
- Champ: Ho hum, Spurs.
- MVP: Shaquille O'Neal. Heat will have a great record and people still feel bad about last season. Not me, though, I voted for Steve Nash and I stick with that vote.
- Rookie of the Year: Chris Paul, Hornets. He's a freakin' stud.
- Sixth man: Michael Finley, Spurs. The rich get richer.
- Coach of the Year: Rick Carlisle, should've won it last year.
So there, I'm probably all wrong. Oh, my first podcast is up on Ohio.com. Check it out. OK, off to the Q...