* Anderson Varejao will be a game-time decision tonight. He was expected to play Saturday at Houston, but the Cavs held him out a couple more days. There seems to be some optimism he'll be able to play tonight. Varejao said there is some pain in the knee, but he'll just have to play through it.
* Shawn Marion seems doubtful tonight with a shoulder/rib injury. Marion sounded pessimistic about playing tonight, but Mavs coach RIck Carlisle said he'll be another game-time decision. Jae Crowder, whom the Cavs drafted in the second round as part of the Tyler Zeller draft-night trade, will start if Marion can't go.
* Henry Sims has played about 18 minutes a night while Varejao has been injured after playing sparingly all season. Brown likes what Sims provides defensively and said the coaches are working on Tyler Zeller's defensive stance.
* Brown believes Zeller sometimes gets too upright defensively, which makes him a half-second slow. It has opened the door for Sims.
* Players seemed a bit more optimistic following the loss at Houston that they are at least starting to again play the right way. Brown really liked the ball movement after inserting Jarrett Jack into the lineup, a move that will stick for now, and is encouraged by what he saw. "It's no secret we need to get wins to build that confidence even more," Brown said.
* The Mavericks have won six of the last seven games in this series and 10 of the last 12 in Dallas.