7 p.m.; Amway Center, FS Ohio, WTAM, WAKR, WHBC
|PG Kyrie Irving||6-3, 191||19.0||3.8||5.7|
|SG Anthony Parker||6-6, 210||5.9||2.3||2.4|
|SF Alonzo Gee||6-6, 219||10.7||4.7||1.6|
|PF Antawn Jamison||6-9, 235||18.4||6.7||2.0|
|C Tristan Thompson||6-9, 227||7.4||5.9||0.4|
|PG Jameer Nelson||6-0, 190||18.7||3.7||5.6|
|SG Jason Richardson||6-6, 225||5.9||2.3||2.3|
|SF Hedo Turkoglu||6-10, 220||10.8||4.5||1.6|
|PF Ryan Anderson||6-10, 240||18.3||6.6||2.0|
|C Dwight Howard||6-11, 275||21.1||14.8||1.9|
Injury report: Cavs -- Daniel Gibson (ankle) questionable, Anderson Varejao (wrist) out; Magic -- None
Officials: Monty McCutchen, Mark Ayotte, Eli Roe
* Byron Scott surprised the players by cancelling practice Thursday and going golfing instead. Scott held a brief film session at the team hotel, then took the players out to a driving range in Orlando.
* Scott is an avid golfer and hasn't played since the All-Star break. It was a consensus among coaches and players that the worst golfer was Tristan Thompson, who picked up a golf club for the first time in his life. Scott said it's the worst golf swing he's ever seen in his life, even worse than Charles Barkley's. Antawn Jamsion had one of the best swings among the players.
* Manny Harris played well in Wednesday's loss at Atlanta, scoring 11 points and grabbing six rebounds in 20 minutes. Scott likes the fact that every time he goes to Harris, he's prepared and ready to play. But don't expect him to move away from Anthony Parker in the starting lineup anytime soon.
* Parker never produces gaudy numbers, but Scott loves that he's a true pro. "He's a veteran and he understands how to play," Scott said. "He doesn't turn the ball over, makes good decisions and doesn't take bad shots."
* Thompson will have his hands full again tonight with Dwight Howard, who outweighs the rookie by about 50 pounds. Thompson had five turnovers in Wednesday's loss, then threw the stat sheet to the ground in disgust after the game.
* It wasn't the turnovers that upset him. It was the free throws. Thompson is a 50 percent shooter this season and went 3 of 6 at the line Wednesday. The Cavs lost by a point, so Thompson was upset that his missed foul shots contributed to the loss. Improving at the line has been a big goal of his this season.
* Incredible stat: Howard, who is averaging 21.1 points and 14.8 rebounds, has scored at least 20 points and grabbed 20 rebounds in a game nine times in 48 games.
- 2013 (149)
- 2012 (345)
- 2011 (275)
- 2010 (471)
- 2009 (188)
- 2008 (125)
- 2007 (164)
- 2006 (83)
- 2005 (24)