* The Cavs have yet another opportunity tonight for their first four-game winning streak in nearly four years. The last time the Cavs won more than three in a row was March 8-24, 2010 when they won eight straight. Since then they've had five three-game winning streaks, but nothing longer.
* The Cavs have been as big of a disappointment this season as the Cavs, but they've won their last three games as well. They took the unorthodox approach of firing their head coach, Mo Cheeks, during a winning streak. The interim coach, John Loyer, played four years for the Zips before serving as an Akron assistant under Bob Huggins. His only other stint as a head coach came 15 years ago at a small community college in southeast Illinois. Loyer moved to the NBA in 2000 as video coordinator for the Trail Blazers and has bounced around since.
* Anderson Varejao did not make the trip to Detroit, but C.J. Miles did. He'll be a game-time decision tonight.
* The Cavs are averaging 106 points in their last five games. They're shooting 50 percent on 3-pointers over their last three games.
* The Pistons pounded the Cavs 115-92 on Dec. 23 at the Q in the only other meeting between these teams. The Pistons took command of the game late in the first quarter and were never threatened.