Injury report: Rajon Rondo (knee) out, Kelly Olynyk (ankle) out, Keith Bogans (ill) questionable
Officials: Bill Kennedy, Mark Lindsay, James Williams
Series: First meeting
* Mike Brown is contemplating another switch to his starting rotation. C.J. Miles is still out with a calf injury (he was hopeful on Wednesday he'd be ready by tonight), leaving Brown to choose between Sergey Karasev and Matthew Dellavedova at shooting guard.
* Dion Waiters would appear to be an obvious choice, but Brown is committed to leaving him with the reserves for two reasons: 1.) He likes the rhythm the second unit is developing and doesn't want to tinker with it; and 2.) It's obvious he believes Waiters' long-term role on this team is as a backup and doesn't want to start sending mixed signals by starting him now.
* Dellavedova played just seven minutes in the loss to the Heat and contributed nothing. Karasev played well and seems best positioned to help the Cavs at both ends. Brown said this morning at shootaround he wasn't sure which way he'd lean, but for pregame lineup purposes, I chose Karasev for him. I'd be surprised if he went back to Dellavedova at this point.
* We were at Canton Civic Center for the preseason game against the Charlotte Bobcats when Brown was joking about guys like Dellavedova, Karasev and Carrick Felix familiarizing themselves with the building since they'd be back for the D-League. But through 15 games, Brown is relying heavily on Delly and Karasev, which has been a bit of a surprise.
* "I know that hopefully sooner than later you get to a rotation you feel pretty comfortable with, but until we get to a point where we’re winning games and I think we’re competitive and the feel is right, then I’m going to keep searching," Brown said.
* Miles called his calf injury "annoying." He sounded optimistic prior to the game against the Heat he'd be able to play tonight, but now it sounds as if he'll miss both weekend games. The obvious fear is reinjuring the calf again, forcing him out for an extended time instead of just a few games. This is already the second time he has dealt with the injury this season.
* The Celtics have dropped seven of nine after a relatively quick start to the season. They're coming off a 100-98 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday.