* Dion Waiters did not make the trip to Minneapolis and coach Byron Scott doesn't expect him to play tomorrow night against the Detroit Pistons, either. Waiters continues to receive treatment and rehab on his sprained left ankle. All the swelling is gone, now it's a matter of the bone bruise and Waiters' pain tolerance.
* Scott said this morning Waiters was still struggling the other day to plant and cut on his left foot, which obviously is a big part of his game. The Cavs aren't going to rush him back before he's ready and Scott said ideally he wants Waiters to at least get one practice in before putting him back in a game. The team's' next practice is Monday.
* The Cavs sent Jon Leuer to the D-League on Friday to give him a shot at playing. Leuer is buried on the Cavs' depth chart behind even Samardo Samuels, who rarely gets into games these days. Leuer appeared in five of the Cavs' first 19 games, averaging 3.2 points and 2.0 rebounds. He hasn't appeared in a game since Nov. 27, when he played three minutes against the Phoenix Suns.
* Kevin Love is healthy and fierce as always after missing the first nine games of the season recovering from a fractured hand. Scott laughed when asked what the Cavs had to do to slow Love. "Put Andy on him," Scott said. "I'm pretty sure Rick (Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman) is saying the same thing about Andy -- put Kevin on him. Maybe they can cancel each other out."
* Varejao can tie the team record tonight of 11 consecutive double-doubles. He has grabbed at least 15 rebounds in each of the previous 10 games during the streak, which is also a team record.
* Andrei Kirilenko is expected back tonight after missing Minnsota's last four games with back spasms, a welcomed boost for a wounded T'Wolves team. Ricky Rubio continues to rehab knee surgery last season and Brandon Roy's comeback was derailed with yet another knee surgery.
* The Timberwolves have won three of their last five after enduring a five-game losing streak. The Cavs have lost 7 of 8 and enter with the league's second-worst record. They're just 2-10 on the road this season.