* Omri Casspi has asked for a trade through his representatives, according to a report today by Yahoo! Sports. Casspi declined comment to the Beacon Journal this afternoon, but a league source dismissed the report as not true.
* It's easy to see why Casspi would be unhappy. He hasn't been a good fit since the Cavs acquired him the day before the lockout began during the summer of 2011. He had a stomach bug for about five days and hasn't gotten off the bench since, playing just one minute since a victory over the Lakers on Dec. 11.
* Luke Walton is not with the team tonight. He is tending to a personal matter. He isn't expected to be out long.
* Jon Leuer was recalled from Canton. The roster stands at 14 following Sunday's release of Samardo Samuels.
* Daniel Gibson made the trip to Chicago, but he still hasn't been cleared from his concussion and is out tonight. He's obviously showing improvement, however, if he's on the trip.
* The Bulls have dominated this series over the last three seasons, winning 10 straight. They have destroyed the Cavs in recent games, Since the start of last season, the Bulls have won all five games by an average of 27.2 points.
* Coach Byron Scott said this morning he's "proud" of the way Tristan Thompson has played in the absence of Anderson Varejao. Thompson is averaging 13.2 points and 12.9 rebounds in nine games since Varejao went down. Scott said Thompson is finally forgetting about the offensive side of the ball, and in turn the offense is coming a little easier and a little more naturally.