Cleveland Cavaliers (8-23) at Charlotte Bobcats (10-19)
Time: 7 p.m., Venue: Time Warner Cable Arena, TV/Radio: FS Ohio/WAKR, WTAM
Cavs probable starters: PG Mo Williams, SG Daniel Gibson, SF Anthony Parker, PF Antawn Jamison, C Anderson Varejao
Bobcats probable starters: PG D.J. Augustin, SG Gerald Henderson, SF Stephen Jackson, PF Boris Diaw, C Nazr Mohammed
Officials: Bennett Salvatore, Nick Buchert, Courtney Kirkland
Injury report: Cavs -- Joey Graham (quad) doubtful; Bobcats -- Tyrus Thomas (right wrist sprain) probable, Gerald Wallace (left ankle sprain) questionable.
* However you look at the numbers for the Cavs, they're pretty horrific. They've lost four in a row and 14 of the last 15. They've lost 13 in a row on the road and they're 1-13 during the month of December. For the record, the Cavs haven't won a road game in nearly two months (Nov. 9).
* The Cavs have to find a way to start defending the 3-point line better or they'll never improve. Their league-worst percentage is now above 42 percent. The Bobcats are 18th in the league in 3-pointers, but that hardly seems to matter these days. It seems like every opponent is crushing the Cavs on 3s.
* Anderson Varejao is the only remaining player on the Cavs' roster who played under Paul Silas, who was fired following the 2004-05 season. Silas took over as interim coach in Charlotte last week after Larry Brown stepped down.
* The Bobcats are in the midst of playing eight of nine games at home. They're pointing to this stretch, plus the arrivals of Silas, as the time to turn their season around. They beat the Pistons at home on Monday, now they're trying to win consecutive games for the first time since Nov. 10 and 12, when they won road games at Toronto and Washington.
* D.J. Augustin exploded for a season-high 27 points in Charlotte's win over Detroit on Monday. It more than doubled his season average of just over 12. Silas said Augustin had lost his confidence. He's doing his best to quickly restore it with his young point guard.
* Gerald Wallace could return to the lineup tonight for Charlotte after missing the last five games with a sprained left ankle.
* Alonzo Gee might be active again, but he isn't expected to play tonight for the Cavs. Coach Byron Scott first wants to get him into practice and up to speed on the system, which he hasn't had the chance to do yet.