Cleveland Cavaliers (8-36) at Boston Celtics (33-10)
Time: 7:30 p.m.; Venue: TD Garden; TV/Radio: FS Ohio/WAKR
Cavs probable starters: PG Ramon Sessions, SG Daniel Gibson, SF Christian Eyenga, PF Antawn Jamison, C J.J. Hickson
Celtics probable starters: PG Rajon Rondo, SG Ray Allen, SF Paul Pierce, PF Kevin Garnett, C Semih Erden
Officials: Mike Callahan, John Goble, Scott Twardoski
Injury report: Cavs -- Ramon Sessions (abdominal) probable, Anthony Parker (back) questionable, Mo Williams (hip) out, Anderson Varejao (ankle) out, Leon Powe (knee) out; Celtics -- Shaquille O'Neal (hip) out, Jermaine O'Neal (knee) out, Delonte West (broken wrist) out, Kendrick Perkins (knee) out.
* The Cavaliers tied the franchise record Monday night for consecutive road losses at 21. They'll break it tonight if they lose to the Celtics.
* The Cavs have actually played much, much better the last two games. It's a credit to the players to still fight when the season is lost. But the disturbing part of Monday's loss was the fact the Cavs lost the lead with their veterans on the floor. The young guys were out of the game and the Cavs still managed to blow the lead and led the Nets have their way inside.
* The Nets scored 52 points in the paint Monday -- never a good thing. What makes it even worse is that the Celtics scored 60 against the Cavs in their last visit to the Q about two months ago.
* The Celtics are old and hurting this time, however. Shaquille O'Neal will miss his second consecutive game and Jermaine O'Neal is out with a knee injury. Of course, the Celtics still have Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnet, etc...
* Anthony Parker is expected to meet the team today in Boston and could play tonight. He'll test his achy back during pregame and see how it is.
* The Cavs have now lost 17 games in a row. The franchise record for consecutive losses is 19. If they lose tonight, they could tie it Friday at home against Denver.
- 2013 (149)
- 2012 (345)
- 2011 (275)
- 2010 (471)
- 2009 (188)
- 2008 (125)
- 2007 (164)
- 2006 (83)
- 2005 (24)