Cleveland Cavaliers (7-15) at Houston Rockets (8-14)
8:30 p.m., Toyota Center, WTAM/FS Ohio
Cavs probable starters: PG Mo Williams, SG Daniel Gibson, SF Anthony Parker, PF Antawn Jamison, C Anderson Varejao
Rockets probable starters: PG Kyle Lowry, SG Kevin Martin, SF Shane Battier, PF Luis Scola, C Chuck Hayes
Officials: Ken Mauer, Brent Barnaky, David Jones
Injury report: Cavs -- None; Rockets -- Aaron Brooks (left ankle) doubtful, Yao Ming (left ankle) doubtful.
* Daniel Gibson and Ryan Hollins stayed behind in Cleveland Friday with a stomach virus and were expected to rejoin their teammates later today. Byron Scott said the availability for both won't be known until closer to gametime. If Gibson can't play, Anthony Parker would slide back to shooting guard and Joey Graham or Jawad Williams would start at small forward.
* Provided Gibson is healthy, the Cavs are now starting the five players most comfortable in the schemes Scott is trying to run. That was evident in Wednesday's loss to the Bulls. The Cavs were much more competitive and looked much more comfortable on both ends of the floor.
* Scott was so pleased with how they played together, he installed new concepts from the Princeton offense at practice on Friday. He had been running a deep bench, but Scott is going to shorten the bench in an effort to try and break this losing streak. He expects all five starters to play 30 minutes or more, something that hasn't really happened to this point.
* The Rockets are a mess right now without Yao Ming and Aaron Brooks, neither of whom are expected to play tonight. Both have ankle injuries that have been slower to heal than expected. Without Yao, Bucks center Andrew Bogut was free to grab 22 rebounds Friday in Milwaukee's 97-91 win over Houston.
* The Rockets are last in the Southwest Division, but the Cavs have their own issues. They have dropped their last seven road games and haven't won away from home in more than a month (Dec. 9).