Cleveland Cavaliers (7-11) at Minnesota Timberwolves (4-15)
8 p.m., Target Center, WTAM/FS Ohio
Cavs probable starters: PG Mo Williams, SG Anthony Parker, SF Joey Graham, PF J.J. Hickson, C Anderson Varejao
Timberwolves probable starters: PG Luke Ridnour, SG Wes Johnson, SF Michael Beasley, PF Kevin Love, C Darko Milicic
Injury report: Cavs -- None; Timberwolves -- G Jonny Flynn (hip surgery), Nikola Pekovic (left ankle) out, Martell Webster (back) out.
Officials: James Capers, Derrick Collins, Violet Palmer
* Without being melodramatic, this is a big game tonight -- and a big trip -- for the Cavs. Tonight kicks off a three-game trip against three teams in last place in their divisions (Minnesota, Detroit and Philadelphia). Byron Scott said this morning that the Cavs believe they should win all three of these, but it won't be easy. "To win all three games would be a great trip," he said, "to win two out of three would be a good trip." Anything less than that and, well...
* It will be difficult for the Cavs to take two of three without winning tonight against a Timberwolves team that has lost six straight and is coming off a back-to-back. They played surprisingly well last night in a loss at San Antonio, but this is still a game the Cavs really need after Thursday's debacle.
* No question Thursday was a complete disaster. But putting that game aside, if the Cavs can win all three of these games, they'll be 10-11 roughly one-fourth of the way through the season. That's about what this team is -- a .500 team, give or take a game. If they fall apart on this road trip, Antawn Jamison is right: This season could start to get away from them.
* Scott put tonight's game on rebounding, particularly with Kevin Love on the other side. That means J.J. Hickson, who has been up and down this season in rebounding, really has his hands full tonight. The Timberwolves had 24 offensive rebounds Friday against the Spurs, including 11 just from Love.
* Tonight's game will be a homecoming of sorts for Ryan Hollins and Ramon Sessions, both of whom played for the Timberwolves last season.