Cleveland Cavaliers (8-22) at Orlando Magic (19-12)
Time: 7 p.m., Venue: Quicken Loans Arena, TV/Radio: FS Ohio/WAKR, WTAM
Cavs starting lineup: PG Mo Williams, SG Daniel Gibson, SF Anthony Parker, PF Antawn Jamison, C Anderson Varejao
Magic starting lineup: PG Jameer Nelson, SG Jason Richardson, SF Hedo Turkoglu, PF Brandon Bass, C Dwight Howard
Officials: Michael Smith, Brian Forte, Eric Lewis
Injury report: Cavs -- Joey Graham (quad) out, Daniel Gibson (flu) probable; Magic -- Daniel Orton (knee surgery) out, Malik Allen (sprained left ankle) day to day, Jason Williams (sore left foot) day to day.
* The Cavaliers signed guard/forward Alonzo Gee today. Previously with the Wizards and Spurs, Gee was the NBA Development League Rookie of the Year last season. He won't play tonight or tomorrow because Cavs coach Byron Scott wants to get him acclimated with the system in practice before throwing him out in a game.
* Scott just said last week he wanted more athleticism and defensive-minded players on the roster. Gee brings both of those. He replaces Jawad Williams, who was cut on Monday. Williams was not much of a rebounder and didn't play much defense.
* All of the reports Scott is receiving on Cavs guard Christian Eyenga have been favorable. Eyenga was sent to Erie of the D-League to work on his defense and Scott said the reports are indicating he is looking more and more like an NBA player every day. The plan is to leave him at Erie for at least a few more games (the BayHawks have four games in five nights this week) before deciding whether or not Eyenga warrants a recall.
* The Magic have won three in a row and are playing much better with their new-look lineup. They shook up the roster last week by trading for Hedo Turkoglu, Jason Richardson and Gilbert Arenas. Turkoglu has shot better than 50 percent from the field in each of the last three games, while Arenas is coming off the bench and averaging 7.8 points and 4.5 assists.
* The moves really strengthened the Magic's bench. Orlando has averaged 31 points per game from the reserves during the winning streak. It pounded New Jersey on the road on Monday, 104-88, making this the second of a back-to-back.
* Magic center Dwight Howard again leads the league in technicals with 11. Under league rules, he'll be suspended for a game if/when he gets to 16.
- 2013 (149)
- 2012 (345)
- 2011 (275)
- 2010 (471)
- 2009 (188)
- 2008 (125)
- 2007 (164)
- 2006 (83)
- 2005 (24)