New Jersey Nets (1-3) at Cleveland Cavaliers (1-2)
6 p.m.; Quicken Loans Arena; Fox Sports Ohio
Cavs probables: PG Kyrie Irving, SG Anthony Parker, SF Omri Casspi, PF Antawn Jamison, C Anderson Varejao
Nets probables: PG Deron Williams, SG Sundiata Gaines, SF Damion James, PF Kris Humphries, C Mehmet Okur
Injury report: Cavs -- Semih Erden (thumb) out; Nets -- Brook Lopez (foot) out.
Officials: David Jones, Mark Lindsay, Derek Richardson
* Cavs forward Omri Casspi is off to a miserable start. He's shooting just 27 percent and looks completely out of rhythm. Alonzo Gee, meanwhile, continues to impress off the bench. Stay tuned.
* Anderson Varejao was in a lot of pain after taking a hard Flagrant-1 foul from David West on Friday night. He had treatment on his back during the game and had it stretched quite a bit. Cavs coach Byron Scott isn't sure if he'll be able to play today, but believes Varejao will want to give it a try.
* The Nets have dropped three straight and are struggling without center Brook Lopez, who remains sidelined with a broken foot. Deron Williams has drawn even more attention and found it difficult to get open looks without Lopez. As a result, he's shooting under 30 percent this season.
* Rookie guard MarShon Brooks has steadily progressed through four games, recording his first 20-point game Friday night against the Hawks, but he tried calling a timeout when the Nets were out of them near the end of the game, costing them a shot at the upset.
* Brooks was a huge scorer in college at Providence and is a shooting guard, which remains the Cavs' biggest need. He was selected 25th overall by Boston and traded to the Nets. The Cavs scouted Brooks, but didn't like his makeup and weren't very high on him.
- 2013 (149)
- 2012 (345)
- 2011 (275)
- 2010 (471)
- 2009 (188)
- 2008 (125)
- 2007 (164)
- 2006 (83)
- 2005 (24)