Houston Rockets (27-31) at Cleveland Cavaliers (10-46)
Time: 7 p.m.; Venue: The Q; TV/Radio: FS Ohio/WAKR
Cavs probable starters: PG Ramon Sessions, SG Anthony Parker, SF Christian Eyenga, PF Antawn Jamison, C J.J. Hickson
Rockets probable starters: PG Kyle Lowry, SG Kevin Martin, SF Shane Battier, PF Luis Scola, C Chuck Hayes
Officials: Ken Mauer, Tony Brown, Josh Tiven
Injury report: Cavs -- Mo Williams (ankle) questionable, Anderson Varejao (ankle) out; Rockets -- Courtney Lee (pneumonia), Yao Ming (ankle) out.
* Mo Williams hasn't practiced since the All-Star break, but coach Byron Scott still considers him questionable for tonight's game against the Houston Rockets. Regardless, Ramon Sessions will start at point guard tonight since Williams hasn't really moved around in a week.
* Scott made it clear on Tuesday, though, that Williams is still his starting point guard when he's healthy.
* Scott admitted this morning he was stunned to learn about the deal that sent Deron Williams to the New Jersey Nets. The rest of the East seems to be loading up at the trade deadline, but the Cavs simply don't have the pieces for a quick fix haul like that. Scott reiterated this morning the Cavs have to build through the draft, citing the San Antonio model that everyone outside of Los Angeles and New York would like to use. The Spurs got lucky by winning the Tim Duncan draft lottery, but another key was hitting on a low first-round pick like Tony Parker and a second-rounder in Manu Ginobili. The Cavs have to hit on all of their upcoming picks if they're going to turn this around within the next five or six years.
* It's ironic the Rockets are tonight's opponent, since they could block a potential Anthony Parker deal with the Chicago Bulls. The Bulls are more interested in Rockets guard Courtney Lee and have reportedly offered a first-round pick for Lee and could be persuaded to add Miami's first-round pick for this year, which the Rockets obtained from Toronto in a previous deal. Thus far, the Rockets want Omer Asik instead, the same 7 footer the Cavs were asking for from the Bulls. The Rockets are higher on Lee than they are Parker, meaning the Cavs have very little chance at Asik.
* The Cavs held their shootaround this morning at Cleveland Clinic Courts and not the Q. Scott admitted he's a pretty superstitious guy and moved the shootaround back to the practice facility since that's where the team practiced last Wednesday before beating the Lakers. They had to move that one because of a Monsters game in the morning. This one was sheer superstition. Scott even wore the same warmup suit and socks this morning that he wore last Wednesday.
* But Scott won't wear the same suit. He said he has more than 100 suits in his closet, but only wears 41 a season. He wears one at home and one on the road, and even has a system for tagging the lapel to let him know when he wore it. If the tag says "Away" he knows he can wear it once at home, then the label comes off and it goes into hibernation until next season.
* The strange things you'll ask/learn about over the course of an 82-game season.