Injury report:C.J. McCollum (foot) out.
Officials: John Goble, Kane Fitzgerald, Eli Roe
Series: First meeting
* Dion Waiters will be a game-time decision tonight after he banged knees in practice Monday with Tyler Zeller. Waiters was able to finish practice, but missed shootaround this morning. He is officially listed as questionable.
* The loss of Waiters would certainly hurt the Cavs' chances tonight against the best team in the West and the league's top scoring team (107.9 ppg). Mike Brown said this morning the Cavs' defense will be tested because the Blazers' offense is relentless. They have a roster full of shooters, they can attack defenses with dribble drives two, three and four times on the same possession and then kick to 3-point shooters.
* The Cavs have been terrific at defending the 3-point line at home. That will be tested tonight against a Blazers team that makes 41.2 percent of its 3-pointers, second only to the Golden State Warriors (41.6).
* There are eight players in the league averaging a double-double. Two of them will be at the Q tonight in LaMarcus Aldridge and Tristan Thompson. Aldridge and Kyrie Irving are the reigning players of the week in their respective conferences and Aldridge is playing at an MVP level this season.
* Former Cavs guard Mo Williams is Lillard's backup in Portland, but said he still watches the Cavs all the time because of his ties here and his fondness for Brown. "I watch them always and always will just because of the history I have with the organization," he said. "I am a fan of Mike Brown, always have been, always will be. We always keep in touch, we talk in the offseason and during the season we talk periodically. I always root for him and hope he has good success."
* The Cavs have already scored big home wins this season over Western Conference powers Denver and the Clippers. This would easily count as the biggest home win of the season.