Quicken Loans Arena, 7 p.m. (No TV, WTAM)
G - Daniel Gibson
G - Anthony Parker
F - Jamario Moon
F - J.J. Hickson
C - Ryan Hollins
G - John Wall
G - Gilbert Arenas
F - Kirk Hinrich
F - Andray Blatche
C - Javale McGee
* Antawn Jamison won't play tonight. Nothing wrong with him (the knee is fine). Byron Scott knows what he can do, he just wants to take a longer look at some other guys.
* Anderson Varejao returned to the Cavaliers on Thursday, but will not play tonight. His ankle still isn't 100 percent and he needs to get up to speed on the offense and defense. This was Varejao's first day of practice.
* Scott put the Cavaliers through a rigorous two-hour practice this morning even though they have a game in a few hours. Gameday shootarounds typically consist of much less physical activity. "This is still training camp," Scott said. "We still have a lot of things to put in and a lot to learn."
* Boobie Gibson made 50 consecutive free throws following practice a few days ago, but Byron Scott answered by making 73 in a row. "So I'm the man right now," Scott said. "I just did it to be doing it. Then all of a sudden, guys started watching like, 'How many is that?' Forty. Then they'd look and that's 50. Then 74 (rattled) out. It was a good shooting day for me."
* Jamario Moon clanked a wide-open jumper Tuesday night from the top of the circle. As the Cavaliers retreated on defense, Scott razzed him and asked him if he needed to shoot those instead. "I just wanted to let him know that I'm a pretty damn good shooter, so if you want me to shoot them for you, let me know," Scott said. "Anybody can take shots, I can make them. I just wanted to give him a little crap about it. Jamario is a great guy and he had a great game for us, too. I just like to mess with him a little bit." Moon did have a great game and could be a great fit for the up-and-down style Scott wants to play. He finished with seven points, 10 rebounds, four steals and three blocks in 31 highly productive minutes.