Utica shale and fracking news
Utica and Marcellus shale web sitesOhio Department of Natural Resources' Division of Oil and Gas Resources Management State agency Web site.
ODNR Division of Oil and Gas Resources Management. State drilling permits. List is updated weekly.
ODNR Division of Geological Survey.
Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
Ohio State University Extension.
Ohio Farm Bureau.
Ohio Oil and Gas Association, a Granville-based group that represents 1,500 Ohio energy-related companies.
Ohio Oil & Gas Energy Education Program.
Energy In Depth, a trade group.
Marcellus and Utica Shale Resource Center by Ohio law firm Bricker & Eckler.
Utica Shale, a compilation of Utica shale activities.
Landman Report Card, a site that looks at companies involved in gas and oil leases.FracFocus, a compilation of chemicals used in fracking individual wells as reported voluntarily by some drillers.
Chesapeake Energy Corp,the Oklahoma-based firm is the No. 1 driller in Ohio.
Rig Count Interactive Map by Baker Hughes, an energy services company.
Shale Sheet Fracking, a Youngstown Vindicator blog.
The Ohio Environmental Council, a statewide eco-group based in Columbus.
Earthjustice, a national eco-group.
People's Oil and Gas Collaborative-Ohio, a grass-roots group in Northeast Ohio.
Concerned Citizens of Medina County, a grass-roots group.
No Frack Ohio, a Columbus-based grass-roots group.
Fracking: Gas Drilling's Environmental Threat by ProPublica, an online journalism site.
Pipeline, blog from Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Marcellus shale drilling.
Allegheny Front, environmental public radio for Western Pennsylvania.
From the Virginia-based group, Energy Citizens:
If you don't already know, Phelim McAleer's FrackNation addresses the misinformation about hydraulic fracturing that is highlighted in Josh Fox's Gasland. Learn the TRUTH about fracking and how it has helped communities and individuals recover from economic hardships. Invite your friends and family to this free event, so they too can spread the word about hydraulic fracturing and what it can do for Ohio.
This month is your chance to watch the groundbreaking documentary and get the answers you've been looking for.Throughout the month of March and April the Ohio Liberty Coalition will be hosting screenings of FrackNation all across Ohio. There will be at least two screenings a week giving you many opportunities to watch the film. To find a showing near you please visit their website for a full list of all of the shows and where they will be held.
Find your nearest event:
- Tuesday March 5 at 7:00 PM in Cincinnati, OH
- Thursday March 7 at 6:30 PM in Marion, OH
- Saturday March 9 at 9:30 AM in Zanesville, OH
- Monday March 11 at 7:30 PM in Hilliard, OH
- Monday March 11 at 7:00 PM in Huber Heights, OH
- Tuesday March 12 at 7:00 PM in Troy, OH
- Tuesday March 12 at 7:00 PM in Montgomery County, OH
- Thursday March 14 at 7:00 PM in Beavercreek, OH
- Friday March 15 at 7:00 PM in Westerville, OH
- Saturday March 16 at 2:00 PM Van Wert, OH
- Saturday March 16 at 2:00 PM in Fulton County, OH
- Sunday March 17 at 2:00 in Marengo, OH
- Sunday March 17 at 2:00 PM in Lorain County, OH
- Monday March 18 at 7:00 PM in Waynesville, OH
- Tuesday March 19 at 7:00 PM in Montgomery County, OH
- Thursday March 21 at 7:00 PM in Wadsworth, OH
- Thursday March 21 at 7:00 PM in Marysville, OH
- Sunday March 24 at 2:00 PM in North Galion, OH
- Monday March 25 at 7:00 PM in Preble County, OH
- Monday March 25 at 7:00 PM in Englewood, OH
- Sunday April 7 at 2:00 PM in Sidney, OH
- Sunday April 7 at 2:00 PM in Celina, OH
- Tuesday April 30 at 6:30 PM in Wooster, OH
We hope that you will join us for this exciting event!
Ohio Energy Citizens Team