A few leftover tidbits from Gulfport Energy's third-quarter earnings call:
1. The company has signed an agreement to provide its ethane from the Utica shell to Royal Dutch Shell's proposed multi-billion cracker plant in Beaver County, Pa., if that plant gets built.
The plant would convert ethane into ethylene for plastics.
2. Gulfport is working to firm up agreements to ship its natural gas to Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan and Indiana.
3. Gulfport's Ohio well are producing 42 percent natural gas and 58 percent liquids (condensate or oil plus natural gas liquids).
4. The company reports it is finding good pressure in all areas it has drilled in the Utica shale.
5. It is averaging $9 million to $9.5 million per well drilled in the Utica shale and is working to reduce that total.
6. It is drilling close to existing natural gas pipelines in some areas of eastern Ohio to reduce delays tied to lack of pipelines.
Chesapeake Energy Corp,the Oklahoma-based firm is the No. 1 driller in Ohio.
Rig Count Interactive Map by Baker Hughes, an energy services company.
Shale Sheet Fracking, a Youngstown Vindicator blog.
The Ohio Environmental Council, a statewide eco-group based in Columbus.
Earthjustice, a national eco-group.
People's Oil and Gas Collaborative-Ohio, a grass-roots group in Northeast Ohio.
Concerned Citizens of Medina County, a grass-roots group.
No Frack Ohio, a Columbus-based grass-roots group.
Fracking: Gas Drilling's Environmental Threat by ProPublica, an online journalism site.
Pipeline, blog from Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Marcellus shale drilling.
Allegheny Front, environmental public radio for Western Pennsylvania.