Here are Ohio's Top 10 companies for natural gas production in 2013from data by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources:
1. Chesapeake Energy/Chesapeake Exploration, 57,7 billion cubic feet.
2. Gulfport Energy, 19.3 billion cubic feet.
3. Antero Resources, 10.0 billion cubic feet.
4. R.E. Gas Development, 4.1 billion cubic feet.
5. Hess Ohio Resources/Hess Ohio Development, 2,9 billion cubic feet.
6. Hilcorp Energy, 1.3 billion cubic feet.
7. PDC Energy, 982 million cubic feet.
8. HG Energy, 872 million cubic feet.
9. Anadarko, 538 million cubic feet.
10. CNX Gas, 412 million cubic feet.
The Ohio lists names 12 other companies that produced natural gas in 2013.
With assistance from co-worker Rick Armon.
Chesapeake Energy Corp,the Oklahoma-based firm is the No. 1 driller in Ohio.
Rig Count Interactive Map by Baker Hughes, an energy services company.
Shale Sheet Fracking, a Youngstown Vindicator blog.
The Ohio Environmental Council, a statewide eco-group based in Columbus.
Earthjustice, a national eco-group.
People's Oil and Gas Collaborative-Ohio, a grass-roots group in Northeast Ohio.
Concerned Citizens of Medina County, a grass-roots group.
No Frack Ohio, a Columbus-based grass-roots group.
Fracking: Gas Drilling's Environmental Threat by ProPublica, an online journalism site.
Pipeline, blog from Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Marcellus shale drilling.
Allegheny Front, environmental public radio for Western Pennsylvania.