Notes from Rex Energy Corp.'s third quarter 2013 earnings and operations update call today::
1. Its average daily production of liquids grew to a record of 5.3 million barrels. That is a 21 percent increase over second quarter 2013.
2. It completed its fourth Upper Devonian shale well in western Pennsylvania. Also later completed its fifth and second "Super Rich" Upper Devonian well.
3. It has about 21,000 acres in Ohio in two areas. Year to date, it has drilled 11 wells, of which nine have been fracked, seven are in production and three are awaiting completion.
4. It has 115 potential drilling sites in the Warrior North Prospect in Ohio's Carroll County. It has about 16,800 gross acres and 16,500 net acres in that county..
It recently completed the three-well Ocel pad with laterals of about 4,400 feet.
Year to date, six wells have been drilled, four have been fracked, four have been placed in sales and three are awaiting completion.
The drilling by Rex Energy and other companies in Carroll County have effectively de-risked that area, company officials said.
5. In Ohio's Warrior South Prospect in Guernsey, Belmont and Noble counties, the firm has drilled five wells year to date.
It has completed the 5-well Anderson pad in Guernsey County. The average lateral is 4,250 feet.
It has fracked five wells, placed three in sales with zero awaiting completion.
The wells are providing more than 55 percent liquids.
It has 38 potential drilling locations in those three counties where it has 7,000 gross acres and 4,300 net acres.
6. It is experimenting with drilling to the Marcellus and Upper Devonian shales from the same pads in Pennsylvania.
7. It has reduced well costs from $8.8 million to $8.1 million per well.
The firm is based in State College, Pa.
Chesapeake Energy Corp,the Oklahoma-based firm is the No. 1 driller in Ohio.
Rig Count Interactive Map by Baker Hughes, an energy services company.
Shale Sheet Fracking, a Youngstown Vindicator blog.
The Ohio Environmental Council, a statewide eco-group based in Columbus.
Earthjustice, a national eco-group.
People's Oil and Gas Collaborative-Ohio, a grass-roots group in Northeast Ohio.
Concerned Citizens of Medina County, a grass-roots group.
No Frack Ohio, a Columbus-based grass-roots group.
Fracking: Gas Drilling's Environmental Threat by ProPublica, an online journalism site.
Pipeline, blog from Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Marcellus shale drilling.
Allegheny Front, environmental public radio for Western Pennsylvania.