1. The Marcellus Drilling News reports that BP is becoming increasingly active in land acquisition in Columbiana County in eastern Ohio.
Gunter Land Services, a landman agent for BP, has set up offices in Lisbon, Poland and Canton. BP has also set up offices in Warren.
The company has leased 80,000-plus acres in Trumbull County.
2. GreenHunter Energy has opened a new deep injection well for briny wastes in West Virginia's Ritchie County.
The well is 6,100 feet deep.
Company officials said the new well is already near capacity.
3. Dominion Transmission is operating the new $750 million Appalachian Gateway Project pipeline.
That projects includes 110 miles of new pipelines.
It will make it easier to ship natural gas from the Marcellus shale in West Virginia and southwest Pennsylvania to the East Coast.
4. Philadelphia will be the site of an major anti-fracking protest on Sept. 20.
Shale Gas Outrage 2012 will be held from noon to 3 p.m. outside the convention center at Broad and Arch streets.
There will also be a program on the health threats from drilling at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 21.
The protest is being organized by Protecting Our Waters and other eco-groups.
The drilling industry will be in Philadelphia for its own conference.
For more details, to to http://shalegasoutrage.org.
5. John Hanger, the former secretary of Pennsylvania's Departemtn of Environmental Protection, will be the keynote speaker at Monday's 2012 Pennsylvania Energy and Manufacturing Summit in Pittsburgh.
The day-long program begins at 8:30 a.m. at the Circuit Center.
Attendance is free but registration is requested. RSVP to Kristien Marcell at 703-969-1507. For more information, go to www.consumerenergyalliance.org.
Chesapeake Energy Corp,the Oklahoma-based firm is the No. 1 driller in Ohio.
Rig Count Interactive Map by Baker Hughes, an energy services company.
Shale Sheet Fracking, a Youngstown Vindicator blog.
The Ohio Environmental Council, a statewide eco-group based in Columbus.
Earthjustice, a national eco-group.
People's Oil and Gas Collaborative-Ohio, a grass-roots group in Northeast Ohio.
Concerned Citizens of Medina County, a grass-roots group.
No Frack Ohio, a Columbus-based grass-roots group.
Fracking: Gas Drilling's Environmental Threat by ProPublica, an online journalism site.
Pipeline, blog from Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Marcellus shale drilling.
Allegheny Front, environmental public radio for Western Pennsylvania.