This just in from the Ohio Department of Education:
Columbus - The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) today announced the 2009-10 middle schools being recognized by the Ohio Schools to Watch (OSTW) Reaching for the Stars and National Schools to Watch (STW) programs.
The following three schools have been added to the OSTW Reaching for the Stars program:
- Ankeney Middle School, Beavercreek City School District(Greene County);
- Nagel Middle School, Forest Hills Local School District (Hamilton County); and
- Wadsworth Middle School, Wadsworth City School District (Medina County).
More after the jump
The recently-named schools will be formally recognized at the 2010 Ohio Middle Level State Conference, Thursday and Friday, Feb. 18-19, at the Renaissance Hotel, Columbus.
Developed from the National Forum to Accelerate Middle-Grades Reform (National Forum), the OSTW program identifies high-performing, middle-grade schools that are:
- Academically excellent - challenge all students to use their mind well;
- Developmentally responsive - sensitive to the unique developmental challenges of early adolescence;
- Socially equitable - democratic and fair, providing every student with high-quality teachers, resources and supports; and
- Have an organizational structure in place to enable the aforementioned three characteristics.
- 2012 (85)
- 2011 (434)
- 2010 (352)
- 2009 (26)