From the Cleveland Film Commission: During the month of August, Downtown Cleveland will be transformed into a movie set for Marvel Studio's The Avengers, which will require road closures, intermittent traffic delays and alternate routes for motorists and pedestrians. On August 8, E. 9th Street from Euclid Avenue to Prospect Avenue will close for the rest of the
month. Additional streets will be closed during the month of August. All production
is planned to be complete by September 2, 2011.
Details of street closures and delays for motorists and pedestrians:
* E. 9th Street from Euclid to Prospect will be closed August 8 to September 1.
Alternate routes are Carnegie, E. 18th Street and Superior.
* Euclid Avenue from E. 6th to E. 12th will be closed August 15 to August 24. Alternate
routes are E. 6th Street, Superior, E. 18th Street and Carnegie.
* Walnut Avenue from E. 9th to E. 12th will be closed August 22 to September 2.
Alternate routes are E. 12th Street, Superior and Chester.
* South Roadway from Superior to Ontario will be closed August 17 to 30. Alternate
routes are Ontario and Superior.
* Detroit Superior Bridge will be closed August 29. Alternate route is Main Avenue
Intermittent Closures (traffic will be stopped for short periods of time) will occur
at the following intersections from August 8 to September 2:
* East 9th Street and Prospect
* East 9th Street and Walnut
* Superior and West Roadway