All CATEGORIES
☰ Menu
The HeldenFiles Online

Dick Clark Update

By RD Heldenfels Published: August 15, 2005

Sounds if things are improving for the ailing TV producer and star, at least based on this announcement from his public-relations firm:


A classic holiday tradition adds a new face, but keeps its heart and soul, as Ryan Seacrest has been tapped in a long term deal to executive produce and join Dick Clark co-hosting the 34th edition of “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve,” live from Times Square in New York on December 31st airing on the ABC Television Network.  No stranger to New Years, Seacrest will move over to ABC in a multi-year deal to occupy the co-host post and eventually take over as sole host.


Clark, who returns to the festivities after missing last year's show as he was recovering from a stroke, stated "It will be good to be back in New York again for New Year's and I'm elated that Ryan has agreed to join me in ushering in New Year’s on America's favorite holiday special.  This also gives me the opportunity to welcome him to the position."


During the TV critics' press tour, I had asked Jonathan Prince, who worked with Clark on ''American Dreams,'' about Clark's recovery. He said: ''I talk to him on the phone ... He sounds like Dick Clark. Exactly like Dick Clark. ... His intonation's not changed at all. ... He sounds a little bit muted emotionally, But he's going to work -- he's going to his office. ... I know that they said he was walking with -- not a walker, but a cane ... faster than they ever thought he would.''

Print
Add This

SUBSCRIBE VIA RSS

OHIO.COM VIDEOS

Blogs:

Heldenfels' mailbag


INFORMATIONAL PAGES