It's due Sept. 8. Full announcement after the jump. I dropped out of the series early in its first season; too silly for my taste. Should I give it a second chance?
Teleportation. Mind control. Invisibility. Astral projection. Mutation. Reanimation. Phenomena that exist on the Fringe of science unleash their strange powers in this thrilling, critically-acclaimed series, as Warner Home Video releases Fringe: The Complete First Season on DVD and Blu-ray™ Hi Def on September 8, 2009 for $59.98/ $79.98.
Featuring a collectible lenticular slipcase, and packed with nearly 6 hours of special features, including featurettes, production diaries, producer and writer commentaries, deleted scenes, gag reel, Blu-Ray exclusive content and much more, this is one release that fans definitely won’t want to miss this fall. The release is timed to the premiere of Season 2 on FOX.
From J.J. Abrams (Lost), Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (the team behind Star Trek, Mission: Impossible III and Alias) and executive producers Jeff Pinkner and Bryan Burk (both of Lost and Alias), Fringe revolves around three unlikely colleagues – a beautiful, young and determined FBI agent (Anna Torv), a brilliant but off-the-wall scientist (John Noble), and his sardonic, roguish son (Joshua Jackson) – who team up to investigate a series of peculiar deaths and disasters known as “The Pattern.” The trio suspects that someone is using the world as a laboratory. And many of the clues lead them to Massive Dynamic, a shadowy global corporation that may be more powerful than any nation. Season 1 also starred Lance Reddick, Kirk Acevedo, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole and Mark Valley. Fringe is from Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
Fringe has been showered with critical accolades, named as one of the 10 Best TV Shows of 2008 by Entertainment Weekly, and was nominated for a 2009 Writers Guild Award for Best New Series. In addition, the show has achieved ratings success, averaging more than 10 million viewers a week and ranking as the top new show among Adults 18–49 in its first season.*
“Fringe: The Complete First Season features 20 episodes of the most exciting new show on television, including over six hours of never-before-seen bonus features and collectible lenticular packaging,” said Rosemary Markson, WHV Vice President, TV and Special Interest Marketing. “Warner Home Video is ecstatic to release this much-anticipated science-fiction hit on DVD and Blu-Ray.”
DVD Special Features Include:
· Evolution: The Genesis of Fringe featurette - The creators of the show discuss how the series unfolded and the qualities that make it so unique
· Behind the Real Science of Fringe featurette - From teleportation to re-animation, Fringe incorporates recent discoveries in science. Consulting experts and scientists who are the authorities in their field address the areas of science which are the inspiration for the show.
· A Massive Undertaking: The Making of Fringe (on select episodes) - An in-depth exploration of how select episodes came to be made: from the frozen far reaches of shooting the pilot in Toronto, to the weekly challenges of bringing episodes to air
· The Casting of Fringe- The story, as told by producers and cast, of how Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble and others came to be cast in the series.
· Fringe Visual Effects featurette - Goes deep into the creation of the shared dream state with some of the biggest VFX shots of the show.
· Dissected Files: Unaired Scenes
· Unusual Side Effects: Gag Reel
· Deciphering the Scene
· Roberto Orci Production Diary
· Gene the Cow montage
· Three Full-Length Commentaries from writers/producers, including J.J. Abrams, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtman, J.R. Orci, David Goodman, Bryan Burk, Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner
Additional Blu-Ray Bonus Features:
· Fringe Pattern Analysis - Take a closer look at 6 select scenes from Season 1 with experts who dissect each scene with notes, photos, and diagrams.
· BD-Live enabled features include Media Center, My Commentary, and commentary on Season 1 finale episode.
- 2013 (382)
- 2012 (637)
- 2011 (597)
- 2010 (817)
- 2009 (725)
- 2008 (758)
- 2007 (603)
- 2006 (596)
- 2005 (262)