Those of you who know my love of careful stat-slicing may like the reference to "the most watched and longest running regularly scheduled year-round program on basic cable television." The official word about the WWF/WWE production, which began on Jan. 11, 1993:
Tonight, USA Network will present the historic 20th Anniversary of its hit series, WWE Monday Night Raw. The episode will celebrate 20 years of Monday Night Raw – continuing its streak as the most watched and longest running regularly scheduled year-round program on basic cable television.
Monday Night Raw began as a two hour taped show in 1993 and has grown into a live, three-hour pop culture phenomenon airing every Monday at 8/7c. The 20th Anniversary episode will feature the return of Dwayne “The Rock®” Johnson.
WWE Monday Night Raw has been a staple on cable television since its debut on USA Network in 1993 and for the past decade, Raw has consistently been among the most watched programs on cable television. With its blend of humor, action and drama, Monday Night Raw continues to appeal to a variety of demographics generation after generation.
Monday Night Raw Television Highlights:
·- Raw made its cable television premiere on January 11, 1993.
- The first episode was taped at the Manhattan Center and aired on USA Network.
- Monday Night Raw has aired more original episodes (1,025) than any other U.S. scripted entertainment television series and is near the top in terms of seasons:
- The Simpsons (24 seasons), Gunsmoke (20 seasons), Law & Order (20 seasons), Lassie (19 seasons), ER (15 seasons), Bonanza (14 seasons)
- After 20 years, WWE Monday Night Raw still delivered an average of 4.78 million total viewers, 2.23 million P25-54, 2.27 million P18-49 and 1.22 million P18-34 in 2012.
- Monday Night Raw is a global phenomenon broadcast in more than 30 languages to more than 145 countries and seen by nearly a 600 million homes worldwide weekly, including Japan, Canada, United Kingdom, Italy and Iraq.
- Raw is the birthplace of such household names as The Rock®, Stone Cold Steve Austin™, Triple H®, John Cena®, Undertaker® and Shawn Michaels®.
- A pop culture phenomenon, Raw has been a destination for actors, athletes and musicians to promote projects. Hugh Jackman, Bradley Cooper, Ashton Kutcher, Donald Trump, Maria Menounos, Nancy O’Dell, Jewel, The Muppets, William Shatner and Shaquille O’Neal have all appeared on Raw.
WHEN: Monday, January 14, 2013 on USA Network
8:00 PM – 11:05 PM ET/PT