A contest tie-in is included. (See below.) The official word begins here: From the acclaimed filmmaker of “The Dark Knight” and “Batman Begins” comes the heart-pounding thrill ride “Inception,” exploding onto Blu-ray and DVD this December 7th from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group (WBHEG). Featuring an all-star international cast this original mind-bending blockbuster travels the globe exploring the secret and infinite world of dreams. The Blu-ray disc’s exciting special features include a unique in-movie experience with Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio and the rest of the cast as they delve into the intricacies of the film, a never-before-seen documentary conceived by Nolan on dream research, and much more. . .
“Inception” will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack, featuring a hi-definition, a standard definition, and a digital copy of the film, for $35.99 and on Single Disc DVD in widescreen format for $28.98 SRP.
On December 7th, “Inception” will also be available ON DEMAND through Digital Cable, Satellite TV, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game consoles and it can be downloaded for rental or purchase on iTunes and Amazon Video On Demand.
It will also be available to rent via kiosks and subscription on January 1, 2011.
Starting November 15th, consumers can receive exclusive, never-before-seen “Inception” content on their camera enabled mobile devices via “Inception” Snap Tags that will be placed on various “Inception” advertising materials. Consumers only have to snap a photo of the Snap Tag with their camera phones and send the photo via MMS to 95871 (for AT&T, Verizon, and Alltel customers) or as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get a reward. Different rewards will be offered on a weekly basis until December 7th when the final reward offered will be tied to the Blu-ray Combo Pack.
Additional details after the jump.
Blu-Ray Combo Pack:
· EXTRACTION MODE - Infiltrate the dreamscape of “Inception” – with this in-movie experience - to learn how Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio and the rest of the cast and crew designed and achieved the movies signature moments.
· DREAMS: CINEMA OF THE SUBCONSCIOUS - Taking some of the most fascinating and cutting-edge dream research to-date on lucid dreaming, top scientists make the case that the dream world is not an altered state of consciousness, but a fully functional parallel reality.
· INCEPTION: THE COBOL JOB - Now in full animation and motion, check out this comic prologue to see how Cobb, Arthur, and Nash came to be enlisted by Cobol Engineering and perform an extraction on Saito.
· 5.1 INCEPTION SOUNDTRACK - Composer Hans Zimmer teams up once again with Director Christopher Nolan to create the soundtrack for “Inception”. Enjoy this feature in full 5.1 surround.
· CONCEPTUAL ART GALLERY
· PROMOTIONAL ART ARCHIVE
· INCEPTION TRAILERS
· INCEPTION TV SPOTS
· Via BD-Live - PROJECT SOMNACIN: CONFIDENTIAL FILES - Get access to the highly secure files that reveal the inception of the dream-share technology.
· 4 Focus Points:
§ The Inception of Inception - Christopher Nolan shapes his unusual concepts for “Inception”
§ The Japanese Castle: The Dream is Collapsing - Creating and destroying the castle set
§ Constructing Paradoxical Architecture - Designing the staircase to nowhere
§ The Freight Train - Constructing the street-faring freight train