The official word from the show: Chris Clem, a stand-up comic from Stow, OH walked away with $100,000 in winnings after making it all the way up to the $250,000 question on Friday’s episode of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire!”
Chris started as a contestant on Thursday’s show, where he made it up to the seventh question. He continued as a holdover contestant on Friday’s show, where he started by looking at his eighth question with an accumulated Millionaire Bank of $33,500 and no lifelines left. Once he answered the tenth question, he was into round #2 of the game and only had four questions left to answer before winning $1-million.
Chris made it up to the $250,000 question on Friday’s show, without the use of any lifelines! Once faced with the $250,000 question, his options were to: (1) not answer the question and walk away with his entire Millionaire Bank, which was up to $100,000, (2) answer incorrectly and fall back to $25,000 or (3) answer correctly and go on to look at the $500,000 question. . . .
Because the U.S. has no diplomatic relations with North Korea, what nation represents U.S. interests there?
* Lifelines used: did not answer
* Correct Answer: B
* $ Value of Question: $250,000
* Accumulated Millionaire Bank: $100,000
Out of lifelines and unsure of the answer, Chris decided to not answer the $250,000 question and walk away with his entire accumulated Millionaire Bank, which had risen to $100,000.
More about Chris after the jump.
* Chris is a 2003 graduate of Archbishop Hoban High School in Akron, OH and is the son of Chris and Karen Clem of Stow, OH. Chris’ girlfriend Kristen came to NYC with him and sat in the Millionaire audience as his on-air companion for the show.
* Chris auditioned for Millionaire this past summer (July, 2010) at the Nautica Entertainment Complex in Cleveland, OH.
* Chris is ready to move out of his parent’s house. Even though his mom still does his laundry (which is kind of nice?), he’s finally ready to get a place of his own.
* Chris came to NYC to tape his episodes of Millionaire and was so excited to visit the city for the first time. He has been a huge fan of the movie “Ghostbusters” since he was a child and was excited to travel around Big Apple and visit the various locations where the movie was filmed.
* Currently unemployed with a M-F job, Chris would love to make it big as a stand-up comic. Like most comic legends, he dreams of learning from the masters at “Second City” in Chicago. With a big win, Chris said he’s pack his bags and move to the “Windy City” to pursue his dream.
* Also on the “if I win big”-list ….. throw a party, get a tattoo and buy a tour bus.