The official word: On June 14, fans will have the opportunity to complete their Supernatural hi-def collections when Supernatural: The Complete Second Season is released on Blu-ray™ for the first time. Gear up for another ride, as brothers Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) Winchester hunt for what gives most people nightmares. Bound by tragedy and blood to a dangerous otherworldly mission, the two brothers travel from the Colorado wilderness to Nebraska farmlands and on to isolated Wisconsin lakes, encountering creatures that most people believe only exist in folklore, superstition and nightmares. In addition to all the special features from the original DVD release, the Blu-ray™ edition features a cool interactive road map complete with new interviews and insights into the show and is the last of the show’s 5 seasons to be released on Blu-ray™. The four-disc collector’s set is priced to own at $59.96 SRP.
More details after the jump.
They’re back – the ghouls the vampires, the ghosts, spirits and even more terrifying entities. And wherever these evil beings are, you’ll find brothers Sam and Dean Winchester, hunters on the trail of the demon who murdered their mother…and any other unholy agents of the supernatural. Join the Winchesters in their mind-bending, bone-chilling season two road trip across America – a journey deeper into the mystery of their own destinies.
From Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television, Supernatural was created by Eric Kripke (Tarzan, Boogeyman). The executive producers of season two are McG (The O.C., Charlie’s Angels movies), Kripke, Robert Singer (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman), John Shiban (The X-Files) and Kim Manners (The X-Files, The Commish).
Supernatural: The Complete Second Season Blu-ray Features:
• The Devil's Road Map - An in-depth, interactive look at the Urban Legends which inspired the series creator (BD Exclusive)
• Commentary on "In My Time of Dying" by Executive Producer/Director Kim Manners and co-stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles
• Commentary on "All Hell Breaks Loose, Part One” by Creator/Executive Producer Eric Kripke and Executive Producer/Director Robert Singer
• Commentary on “What Is and What Should Never Be”
• Gag Reel
• Unaired scenes
• Jared Padalecki Original Screen Test
• Webisode Gallery