After five days of enjoying the sights and sounds of Mobile, Alabama, the GoDaddy.com Bowl is finally upon us. Here's some facts and figures to peruse until tonight's 9:10 p.m. kickoff between Kent State (11-2) and Arkansas State (9-3):
* Kent State:
- Is seeking its first bowl victory in three tries.
- Will play its final game under head coach Darrell Hazell, who is moving on to take over at Purdue afterwards.
- Is just one of 10 Division I teams across the country entering its bowl game with 11 victories.
- Ranks 17thin the FBS in rushing offense, including averaging 253.3 rushing yards per game over its last nine games.
* Arkansas State:
- Entered the game having seven consecutive games and averaging 41.1 points per game duding that span.
- Is making its second consecutive appearance in the GoDaddy.com Bowl, losing to the Northern Illinois Huskies 38-20 last season - the same team the Flashes lost to in double overtime in the MAC Championship game.
- Are led by senior quarterback Ryan Aplin, the two-time Sun Belt Player of the Year. Aplin ranks 18thin the nation in passing efficiency and 20thin total offense. On the season he’s thrown for 23 touchdowns and ran for six more. He averages 261 passing yards per game and has thrown just four interceptions in 12 games.
- Features redshirt freshman receiver J.D. McKissic, the Sun Belt Freshman of the Year, who is 10thin the nation in receptions per game (7.7) and owns 92 catches for 909 yards and four touchdowns this season.
- Features senior linebacker Nathan Herrold leads the Red Wolves in tackles (109) and interceptions (three). He also owns 10 tackles for loss and forced and recovered two fumbles.
- 2013 (75)
- 2012 (122)
- 2010 (161)
- 2009 (263)
- 2008 (103)