Mac-sports.com is currently running a summer feature entitled "Getting To Know", in which they interview student-athletes from around the Mid-American Conference.
Getting To Know...Kent State's Chris Anzevino Chris Anzevino is a junior center for the Kent State Golden Flashes. Anzevino, a native of Warren, Ohio, has started every game at center the past two seasons. As a freshman, he was named the team's Offensive Rookie of the Year as he helped open holes for the nation's 11th-ranked rushing offense. This season, Anzevino's experience will be counted on to anchor the Kent State offensive line. Below is a closer look at the Kent State center...
1. What are your goals for this season? My goal for this season is to win a MAC Championship.
2. Which three people (dead or alive) would you invite to dinner? The three people I would invite to dinner are Jim Carrey, Brock Lesnar, and Michael Scott (The Office).
3. You are on a road trip and stop at gas station. What snacks do you buy? The snacks I would buy at a gas station are cotton candy, Snickers and Combos.
4. What is one movie you could watch over and over again and not get sick of? The movie I could watch over and over again is Office Space.
5. What is your favorite holiday? My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving!
6. The artist that takes up most of my iPod... The artist that takes up most of my iPod is Breaking Benjamin.
7. What are your hobbies and off-the-field interests? My off-the-field hobbies are fishing, golfing and playing Call of Duty.
8. What is your favorite campus hangout? My favorite campus hangout is The Hub.
9. What is the best class you've taken at Kent State? My favorite class I took was History of Jazz.
10. What would your superhero name be? My superhero name would is Christopher "The Magnificant Magnifico" Michael Anzevino.
Getting To Know...Kent State's Spencer Keith Spencer Keith is a sophomore quarterback for the Kent State Golden Flashes. Keith had a prolific freshman season in 2009, setting Kent State freshman records with 2,147 yards passing and 14 touchdowns, both of which stand fifth in school history. He had a 57.1 completion percentage (168-294), which stands second in season records, while his 126.72 pass efficiency ranks fourth. Keith, a biology major with a focus in pre-med, threw for 200+ yards on seven occasions, including a pair of 300-yard efforts against Western Michigan and Akron last year. Below is a closer look at the Kent State QB...
1. What is your greatest accomplishment off the field? I believe my greatest accomplishment off the field is being able to manage my time well and make good grades. Being successful in the classroom is very important to me because I understand that there is a life after football. It is essential to work hard in school because that will help out when looking for a profession.
2. What do you still hope to accomplish in the future? Aside from winning a MAC championship, I would like to pursue my dream of being in the NFL someday. Also, I would like to get accepted into medical school somewhere and work towards becoming a doctor.
3. What are your goals for this season? My goals for this season include winning the MAC championship and leading the team to a bowl victory. This hasn't happened at Kent State in a long time so we are trying to bring back that winning reputation.
4. How did you get started playing football? Both of my brothers and my dad played football in high school, so there was some family history with it. Since my brothers are 7 and 10 years older than me, I grew up going to all of their football games. I started playing when I was in the third grade and have played ever since.
5. What is your favorite beverage/food/dessert? My favorite beverage is chocolate milk, food is steak, and dessert is banana pudding.
6. What is your favorite TV show? Why? My favorite TV show is Family Guy. I like Family Guy because it is one of the funniest shows on TV.
7. Besides football, what sport would you have pursued for a college scholarship? I would have pursued basketball for a college scholarship because I have been playing it all my life. Up until my junior and senior years of high school, basketball was my main sport to play. I played AAU basketball from 5th grade until 10th grade during the summer, and we traveled to many tournaments around the country. I have always enjoyed playing basketball and I probably always will.
8. The person from history I'd most like to meet is... I would like to meet Benjamin Franklin because of all of his scientific findings and inventions.
9. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? My favorite vacation spot is one that is near the beach and a golf course. When we go on family vacations, we usually play a couple rounds of golf. Also, I have always enjoyed going to the beach and swimming in the ocean since that chance doesn't come around very often.
10. What is one movie that you could watch over and over again and not get sick of? There are two movies that I could watch and not tire from: Any Given Sunday and The Hangover. Any Given Sunday is one of my favorites because it is an exciting football movie that motivates me. I could watch The Hangover a hundred times and still find it hilarious.
- 2013 (75)
- 2012 (122)
- 2010 (161)
- 2009 (263)
- 2008 (103)