Your house nightmare could land you on TV.
Rivr Media, a production company in Knoxville, Tenn., is looking for a Northeast Ohio homeowner who has experienced a home catastrophe and is willing to appear in the pilot of a home renovation show tentatively titled Catastrophe Inc. The show will use the proceeds from the homeowner's insurance claim to clean up and rebuild after the disaster -- something like a fire, a flood or a bad case of mold. A designer will then decorate the space.
Producer Angie Jedlicka said the pilot will appear on a major cable network but couldn't say which one. If the network picks up the show, it will continue to be produced in the Cleveland area, she said.
The production company is looking for a homeowner who lives roughly within an hour of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, although Jedlicka said the cast and crew might be willing to travel farther for the right house and homeowner.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with this information:
- Your name.
- Your email address and/or phone number.
- Your home address, or just your ZIP code.
- A brief description of the disaster.
- One photo of the exterior of the affected home.
- Two or three photos of the home's interior. The photos should be as wide as possible to show the entire room and the scope of the damage.
- One or two photos of yourself and anyone else living in the home. Group shots are preferred.
Act quickly if you're interested. The show plans to cast in the next couple of weeks and wants to shoot in early February, Jedlicka said.