Sorry for the delay in getting this post up.
The huge snowstorm that hit the area made the boys happy with the extra day off school -- it seems like they have been home 15 times this year -- but it messes with our high school coverage.
We lost the wrestling and basketball games we were going to cover tonight, and then it all got bumped a day into the Sunday and Monday editions of the ABJ. We are all set now but sometimes, especially with the space available in the paper, it is like sticking square pegs in round holes.
But enough with that, here's what's on TV this weekend.
- The noon game on WOIO on Saturday between Syracuse and Georgetown is a classic series. Makes me think of the Rony Seikaly and Dikembe Mutombo days.
- BYU and the Jimmer go against San Diego State. Two top 10 teams, or so the polls say, at 2 p.m. on WOIO.
- For the race fans, the Nationwide race is on 5:30 p.m. on ESPN2 on Saturday. The qualifying for the Sunday Sprint Cup race is at 3:30 p.m. on SPEED on Saturday. The Sprint Cup race is Sunday on WJW at 2:30 p.m.
- The revamped Oklahoma City Thunder play the L.A. Lakers at 2:30 p.m. Sunday on WEWS. The revamped Cavs debut at 5 p.m. on FSN against the 76ers, also on Sunday.
- Two other notes: The Indians' first spring game is on the team's radio network at 3 p.m. Sunday and the NFL Scouting Combine is all weekend on the NFL Network.