Beards and brewers seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly. It’s sometimes darn strange to see them apart.
Well, some clean-shaven Cincinnati area brewers are raising awareness for prostate cancer in partnership with The Urology Group by growing beards this month. (November) It’s part of “Movember,” a global movement of growing mustaches and beards in the name of men’s health.
“Most people think that everyone at a brewery has a beard, but that is definitely not the case,” Jason Brewer of Listermann/Triple Digit said in an email. “There are some that ultimately refuse to grow beards, for whatever reason, until now!”
The brewers who are participating are clean shaven:
• Jeff Hunt from MadTree.
• Mike Dewey from Mt. Carmel.
• Bobby Slattery from 50 West.
• Steve Shaw from Cellar Dweller.
• Kevin Moreland from Listermann/Triple Digit.
• One of the doctors from The Urology Group is representing Blank Slate because owner/brewer Scott Lafollette already has a beard.
The kick off event is 6 p.m. today (Nov. 1) at Rhinehaus in Cincinnati. MadTree, Mt. Carmel, 50 West, Cellar Dweller, Listermann, Triple Digit and Blank Slate beers will be on tap and some of the fresh-faced brewers will be there.
The closing ceremony is set for 6 p.m. Nov. 30 at Japp’s Annex, where the winner will be chosen by The Urology Group.