With the Aeros 2011 season at Canal Park less than one month away, single-game tickets will go on sale Saturday, March 12 at 9 a.m.
Single-game tickets for the 2011 season will be available for purchase at 9 a.m. through the Aeros website (www.akronaeros.com). Aeros single-game tickets will go on sale by phone (330.253.5153) at 10 a.m. Canal Park’s box office and Infield Outfitters (the Aeros Team Shop at Canal Park) will be open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, March 12 for in-person ticket purchases.
Anyone who purchases tickets on March 12 will also receive a complimentary ticket to the Aeros exhibition game at Canal Park against the Cleveland Indians Triple-A Affiliate Columbus Clippers for Monday, April 4, at 6:05 p.m.
Tickets for all 2011 regular season home games will be available on Saturday, March 12, including 14 fireworks dates to choose from (increased from nine dates in 2010). Also new to the Canal Park experience this season is an expanded Fun Zone, which features a Dunk Tank, Inflatable Slide, Pop-A-Shot, Target Toss and High Striker, along with returning Fun Zone favorites, Speed Pitch and the Prize Wheel.
The Aeros will begin the 2011 season at home against the Binghamton Mets on Thursday, April 7, at 7:05 p.m. Festivities include a postgame Fireworks Celebration presented by Wing Warehouse, a 2011 Magnet Schedule Giveaway for the first 5,000 fans courtesy of Albert Guarnieri & Co. and a Fridge Giveaway to one lucky randomly selected fan.
2011 Daily Promotions include:
· Monday: Charity Begins at Home
· Tuesday: Two For Tuesdays (Buy One Ticket, Get One Free with a Kraft Singles wrapper)
· Thursday: Buck Up Thirsty Thursdays, sponsored by Ohio Lottery/ $1 Draft Beers & $1 Soft Drinks
· Friday: Friday Night Fireworks
· Saturday: Celebrity Saturdays, including giveaways on select Saturdays
· Sunday: Family FUNdays/ “Orbit’s Future Stars” Kids Club Members get into Sunday games for FREE
Fans attending games at Canal Park in 2011 will be able to indulge in new extreme foods:
· “3 Dog Night” – a hot dog, stuffed inside a bratwurst stuffed inside a kielbasa, topped with sauerkraut and stadium mustard, on a hoagie roll.
· “Nice 2 Meat You” Burger – a 1 ¼ lb. hamburger, stuffed with a ½ lb. hot dog, and a ¼ lb. of bacon, cheese, and onions.
· “WonderDog” – a ½ lb., 14-inch hot dog with 40 innovative toppings available.
· “Eighth Wonder of the World” – a 1 lb., 16-inch hot dog, made especially for the Aeros by Five Star Meats, with the same 40 innovative toppings available.
For more information on Akron Aeros single-game tickets, please call (330) 253-5153 or visit www.akronaeros.com. The complete 2011 “Fun at Canal Park” schedule, can also be found at www.akronaeros.com.