With just 67 days and counting until the Indians 2011 home opener on April 1st (versus the Chicago White Sox), the Indians released their 2011 Spring and Regular Season Broadcast Schedules.
INDIANS SPRING TRAINING BROADCAST SCHEDULE
* The Cleveland Indians Radio Network, with flagship station WTAM News Radio 1100AM and WMMS 100.7FM, will broadcast 20 exhibition games this spring featuring “Voice of the Indians” Tom Hamilton, Mike Hegan and Jim Rosenhaus. The Indians Radio Network and indians.com will broadcast all 20 games live, while WTAM or WMMS will broadcast 11 of those games live and nine games digitally delayed. In addition to the 20 IRN broadcasts, 10 other games will be available live on indians.com (live streaming audio only) with Rosenhaus calling the play-by-play action.
* SportsTime Ohio, with Matt Underwood and Rick Manning, will air six telecasts from Spring Training (March 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15). STO and indians.com (live streaming audio only) will also broadcast one additional game from Huntington Park when the Cleveland Indians visit the home of their minor league affiliate, the 2010 Triple-A national champion Columbus Clippers on March 30. Spring Training Daily will broadcast shows at 9:30pm EST nightly from February 21-25 featuring Manning and Underwood. Bruce Drennan’s All Bets Are Off Show will be live from February 27- March 4.
2011 INDIANS REGULAR SEASON RADIO AND TV BROADCAST SCHEDULE
* STO will televise 135 total regular season Tribe games in 2011, of which WKYC-TV3 will air 20 regular season games as the flagship station of the Indians Over-the-Air network. Those 20 over-the-air games will also be simulcast on SportsTime Ohio.
* The Indians will continue to be among the industry leaders in High Definition (HD) broadcasts as all network broadcasts will be in HD- All 135 STO Regular Season Cable/Satellite Games and all 20 over-the-air games on WKYC-TV3.
* Manning, Underwood and Al Pawlowski are set to handle the broadcasts from the booth for the Indians games on SportsTime Ohio and the Tribe’s Over-the-Air broadcasts on WKYC-TV3 during the regular season.
* Indians Radio Network, including the Flagship Station WTAM-1100AM, will broadcast all 162 regular season games in 2011. Hamilton and Hegan will continue to call the games on radio in addition to Rosenhaus (current engineer and pregame show host) continuing to call play-by-play for one inning each game.