I suppose the Buchtelite started a trend. UofAZips.com posted its first Podcast here. (FYI, the site's administrator produced the Podcast without knowing about the Buchtelite's project.)
Their Podcast brings up some good points, like how the forecast for 86-degree heat in Raleigh on Saturday and how Akron led Penn State in first downs.
Here are the keys to the game: avoid big mistakes and get Dennis Kennedy some rushing yards.
The UofAZips.com prediction: Akron 28, NC State 24.
If you can't listen to the Podcasts at work, you can check out some of these links...
- This is the AP's preview which about every major newspaper picked up.
- Here is a story about the 3-5-3/3-3-5 defense from American Football Monthly. It's pretty interesting. Thanks to Dr. Z for finding it.
- Here is a Q&A with NC State backup tailback Jamelle Eugene (if you're really bored at work).
- CollegeFootballNews.com says Akron will lose 24-16.
- USA Today's Danny Sheridan favors NC State by 10.
- The current betting lines give Akron between 8.5 and 10.5 points.
There are some other significant MAC games on the schedule...
- Toledo (-10.5) @ Western Michigan
- Central Michigan @ Michigan (-27) -- This spread is an aberration. I strongly recommend taking CMU with the points.
- Kent State @ Army (-4)
- Miami @ Purdue (-16.5)
- Buffalo @ Bowling Green (-21)
- Ohio @ Northern Illinois (-14.5)
- Eastern Michigan @ Michigan State (-25)
- Indiana (-4.5) @ Ball State
Also, here's a reminder for those of you in the Buchtelite's Pick'em League. You need to submit your picks soon.