A couple more recruits are on coach Keith Dambrot's radar. They are guards Rydell Brooks and Lance Jeter.
Jeter is a 6-foot-3 guard from Pennsylvania, who established his freshman eligibility a month ago with a decent SAT score. He averaged 20.4 points per game and was named to several all-whatever teams.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette says Jeter is an incredibly clutch player.
- The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review talks about the state finals, which Jeter's Beaver Falls team lost.
- The Tribune-Review says Jeter also has interest from George Mason, Marquette, Purdue and Detroit for basketball.
- Rivals.com says Bowling Green, Duquesne, Eastern Michigan, Kent State, Pittsburgh, Toledo and West Virginia are also candidates. It lists Akron and Cincinnati as schools of "high" interest. However, the Bearcats want him for football.
- Scout.com says Duquesne is the only school to offer Jeter a scholarship so far. The site gives him two stars.
It is even less certain that Brooks will wear a Zips uniform. With his 27.5 points per game this season, Brooks earned Second-Team All-Ohio honors for Division II this season playing for Buchtel.
- Scout.com says Brooks has interest in Dayton, West Virginia and Xavier. The site gives him two stars.
- Rivals.com does not rank Brooks. However, it confirms that he has interest in Akron, as well as Cincinnati, Purdue, Cleveland State, Colgate, Tulsa, Virginia Commonwealth and Wright State -- a beautiful cornucopia of schools.
Scout.com also lists five other players with interest in Akron. As coach Dambrot told me, they are looking at guards.
Since I'm quoting Pittsburgh papers like crazy, here's a story from the Pitt News about Luke Getsy success after transferring from Pitt.
The MAC East named senior Zips starter Ross Liersemann its Pitcher of the Week a couple days ago. Akron will play a three-game series against Northern Illinois this weekend.
- 2013 (115)
- 2012 (199)
- 2011 (225)
- 2010 (266)
- 2009 (380)
- 2008 (327)
- 2007 (561)
- 2006 (605)
- 2005 (89)