The Zips will face their largest road crowd of the season tonight at 7 in Savage Hall.
Akron has lost nine of 10 at Toledo, but that motivates Romeo Travis all the more, the senior forward told the ABJ's Tom Gaffney.
- Toledo Blade: The Rockets realize the MAC Tournament implications this matchup could have.
- Cleveland PD: Jeremiah Wood has some gigantic hands. They might help him become the nation's leading rebounder next season, Keith Dambrot suggests.
- The line: Surprisingly Toledo is getting between one and two points. I thought for sure oddsmakers would favor the Rockets at home.
- Sheridan's odds: Danny Sheridan says Akron will win by one.
- The Sports Network: TSN predicts an 81-75 Zips triumph.
I believe this game will depend on Travis. If he asserts himself in the post, Akron should have little trouble sustaining a productive offensive attack for 40 minutes. The same goes for Wood and Quade Milum.
And when one player is working on the block, the other big needs to crash the weakside boards. Rebounding is a huge weakness for the undersized Rockets.
Obviously, the Zips need to control Justin Ingram and Keonta Howell on the perimeter, but Akron guards have shown they are plenty capable of that this season.
Tonight we see the Zips mature further than ever under Dambrot.
Prediction: Akron 72, Toledo 65
- 2013 (110)
- 2012 (199)
- 2011 (225)
- 2010 (266)
- 2009 (380)
- 2008 (327)
- 2007 (561)
- 2006 (605)
- 2005 (89)