University of Akron Zips blog
Heading into the end of the regular season, here's the breakdown...
1) Kent State (11-2) -- Notes: The Flashes hold a tiebreaker over WMU. Barring two losses out of the last three, they will be the 1 seed. Games left: @ BG, vs. MIA, @ AKR
2) Western Michigan (10-3) -- Notes: After a slow start, WMU has blown away the West. Games left: @ TOL, @ CMU, vs. BSU
3) Akron (9-4) -- Notes: The Zips likely will lose one of the final three, putting them in the 3 seed. Games left: vs. BUF, @ OU, vs. KSU
4) Ohio (8-5) -- Notes: Ohio can leapfrog Akron, but it will probably require winning out. The Bobcats are playing well enough to do that. Games left: @ MIA, vs. AKR, vs. BUF
5) Miami (7-6) -- Notes: The RedHawks' season has been up and down. You better believe they want the 4 seed from Ohio, and the first-round bye that comes with it. a vs. OU, @ KSU, vs. BG,
6) Bowling Green (6-7)
7) Eastern Michigan (6-7)
8 ) Central Michigan (6-7)
9) Toledo (5-7)
10) Ball State (4-9)
11) Northern Illinois (3-9)
12) Buffalo (2-11)
Darrell Mason from Youngstown is a four-star running back, according to both Rivals.com and Scout.com. He only has offers from Akron and Illinois.
The Zips' other high-profile recruit, four-star receiver Chris Fields, committed to Ohio State.
Here's a list of the previous offers.
A new offer...
Corey Linsley, offensive guard, Youngstown (Boardman) Offers: Akron, Connecticut, Illinois, Michigan State, Pittsburgh, Miami (Ohio), Bowling Green and Stanford Height: 6-foot-4 Weight: 285 Speed: 5.2 Notes: I can't remember Akron ever dueling with Stanford. Illinois, Stanford and Pitt are the front-runners, Linsley said. He does not attend the same high school as Mason, who goes to Ursuline.
University of Akron Zips blog Archives
- 2013 (110)
- 2012 (199)
- 2011 (225)
- 2010 (266)
- 2009 (380)
- 2008 (327)
- 2007 (561)
- 2006 (605)
- 2005 (89)