(I meant to post this entry about five hours ago, but the stupid Buchtelite Macintosh deleted it.)
Here are the game stories from this morning. Each of them is worth reading...
- Tom Gaffney's ABJ story shows Keith Dambrot's surprise the Zips were able to dispatch the Bobcats so easily.
- Elton Alexander's PD story says more than 2,500 ticket buyers didn't show up.
- The Post at OU's story gives a lot of great quotes from OU players.
- The Buchtelite has a great photo on A1. It's Bubba Walther with the scoreboard over his left shoulder. No. 4 - 1 point. I'll post it once we get it up on the Web.
- I loved the halftime show. A team of Chapel staffers took on some Zips coaches. The Rev. Knute Larson showed a great spot-up jumper. They ran a fluid offense and stifling defense to win 10-0. It might have been a different story if men's soccer coach Caleb Porter took over the game. Instead, his women's counterpart Catherine Byrne heaved up ill-advised 3s.
- Larson joked to me, "Five of us resigned today (from the Chapel) to go on the road."
- That said, I'd like to lay down a challenge to those Zips coaches. The Buchtelite can field a team to play you at halftime of some game. It will be fun and definitely will entertain the fans. Here's our lineup: Mike Hixenbaugh (PG), Adam Ferrise (SG), Mike Rasor (SF), Kiel Fleming (PF) and Dan Kadar (C).
Andy Alleman can't control his excitement for next week's Pro Combine in Indianapolis.
Still rated as one of the NFL Draft's best offensive guards, the former Zips lineman knows he needs to ace each exam -- physical and mental -- to assure himself a first-day selection.
Clevelandbrowns.com's Zac Jackson recently profiled Alleman, whose enthusiasm was quite tangible to me, even over instant messager.
- 2013 (110)
- 2012 (199)
- 2011 (225)
- 2010 (266)
- 2009 (380)
- 2008 (327)
- 2007 (561)
- 2006 (605)
- 2005 (89)