Most of us expected Penn State to win by a few touchdowns.
Here are my notes from Akron's 34-16 loss to PSU...
- Andy Alleman's personal foul penalty on the first drive hurt badly.
- With silly penalties, Tim Crouch played a poor first half, but the offensive line gave Luke Getsy little time to throw anyhow.
- John Mackey and Brion Stokes had some big hits that kept Akron in the game.
- Joe Tuzze looked like he was in a naked dream after catching a kickoff. He looked around and didn't know what to do.
- Penn State screwed up two field goals thanks to bad holds.
- John Mackey caused a fumble on a kick-off.
- David Harvey made a huge first down in the third quarter.
- Dennis Kennedy is playing well, but his numbers don't indicate that.
- "I can't believe they're going for it!" on 4th and 7. Somehow Akron got it. And I retract that statement.
- Kennedy and Doug Williams deserve props.
- Mackey got beat for the Lions' third touchdown.
- John Stek has managed to punt pretty well, despite butterfingers.
- (I still haven't noticed Paul Posluszny.)