A funny thing happened while we recorded our first podcast of the semester.
I asked the panelists their thoughts on the Toledo game. It was fairly split.
Then I realized I have no idea who will win myself. Take a listen if you have some time. We also discuss the football recruiting class.
- CMU coach Ernie Zeigler said Romeo Travis has his vote for MAC Player of the Year in Adam Ferrise's Buchtelite game story.
- Tom Gaffney writes that the Zips went to a rarely used zone to hold of the Chippewas last night.
- Elton Alexander discusses the play that inspired Travis. It was CMU's steal that went for a dunk, which cut Akron's lead to two.
- The Zips' RPI stayed at 92 after the win.
David Lee Morgan talked with Kris and Zac Kasperek's mother, who was ecstatic her sons would play together at Akron.
His recruiting story also mentions an interesting quote from J.D. Brookhart. He said the Bryan Williams signing opens up doors for local recruiting.
- Alexander's PD story gives a round-up of the MAC teams.
- The Buchtelite's story mentioned the first weekend of the recruiting season. Eight of 11 players on a visit to UA committed because of their chemistry together.
- The final Rivals.com rankings have Toledo edging Akron. I suppose they aren't quite final. The Zips still have that mystery 25th recruit coming.
- Scout.com has Akron on top, followed by Miami. (If you want my opinion, usually Rivals is more accurate for this part of the country.)