In the past two weeks, three new three-star recruits have appeared on the Zips' radar, Rivals.com says.
- Kenard Burton is a 5-foot-9 slot receiver from Dodge City Community College. The juco prospect wants to attend Kansas State, but also is looking at Iowa State, Miami (Fla.), South Florida, Troy, Middle Tennessee State and Akron. The Hurricanes have contacted Burton and are probably another favorite to land his services. No team has offered Burton a scholarship.
- Brian Gamble is a 5-11 safety from Massillon Washington High School. He has offers from Akron, Ball State and Eastern Michigan. Illinois and West Virginia have been talking to Gamble, which he says is exciting.
- Rocco Pentello is a 6-0 safety from Westerville, Ohio. He has offers from Akron, Air Force, Cincinnati, Ball State, Marshall and Toledo. What Pentello really wants is that letter from West Virginia or Ohio State.
And here are some updates on previous three-star recruits on Rivals...
- Frank Edmonds is still the 11th best running back in the nation. And he STILL lacks an offer from a BCS school. Five MAC schools, including Akron, are hoping it stays that way. His 5-6 height is probably playing a part in this.
- Akron is still one of three scholarship offers for Maryland safety Kahlil Permenter, along with Temple and Boston College.
- The Zips appear to have little chance in landing three-star receivers B.J. Cunningham and Derek Moye. Same goes for offensive linemen Mark Spinney and Mark Wetterer. Three cornerbacks seem to be fading from Akron's rearview mirror as well.
Here's another clip I found at ZipsNation.org. A CBSSportsline.com writer says J.D. Brookhart is on the short list for the likely job opening at Miami (Fla.).
- 2013 (115)
- 2012 (199)
- 2011 (225)
- 2010 (266)
- 2009 (380)
- 2008 (327)
- 2007 (561)
- 2006 (605)
- 2005 (89)