With the first games of the season beginning tonight, this is your last reminder to join the Buchtelite's college football pick'em league.
College Pick'em is basically a season-long contest to see who can predict the most winners of college football games. We have 21 of the most hardcore Zips fans on board. The max is 50.
- One of tonight's games is Kent State against Minnesota. The ABJ's Gary Estwick wrote a good story about Flashes running back Jon Drager, who is returning after two knee surgeries. He has some strong competition this fall, unlike last year when quarterback Michael Machen was handing off to recently-converted defensive players.
- Other MAC action includes Boston College at Central Michigan (ESPN2), Northwestern at Miami (ESPNU), Temple at Buffalo, Eastern Michigan at Ball State and Toledo at Iowa State. Minnesota at Kent is on ESPN360.
CBSSportsline.com predicts bowl appearances for four MAC teams...
- Toledo vs. Minnesota in the Motor City Bowl
- Akron vs. Rutgers in the International Bowl
- Northern Illinois vs. Southern Miss in the GMAC Bowl
- Miami vs. Colorado State in the Poinsettia Bowl
The site also ranks Division I-A's 119 teams. Of the MAC schools...
- Northern Illinois is 57th
- Toledo is 60th
- Akron is 67th
- Miami is 75th
- 2013 (115)
- 2012 (199)
- 2011 (225)
- 2010 (266)
- 2009 (380)
- 2008 (327)
- 2007 (561)
- 2006 (605)
- 2005 (89)