Akron will tip off against Bowling Green in at 2. Tom Gaffney from the ABJ confirmed what I've been saying: Bowling Green is a better team than it was early in the season. In fact, I'll say the Falcons are the most underrated team in the MAC.
- Danny Sheridan says Akron is a 4.5-point favorite.
- Most sportsbooks are predicting about the same.
- A blogger pegged Akron to win the MAC.
- At the half, the Zips are leading BG 37-23. Akron has 12 turnovers, but is dominating the rebounding and 3-point shooting.
- As poster SDK pointed out, Josh Chichester committed to Louisville after a visit to Akron. Chichester is a top-flight receiver who committed to Ohio State in July. Then he decommitted and considered Akron.
- That Florida athlete who committed to Akron, Avery Holley, might try to play basketball, too.
- Defensive lineman Maurice Riquer is considering Akron, as well as a couple of smaller schools.
- Akron got another receiver commitment, Rivals.com says. Curtis Brown from Florida is 6-foot, 159. He runs the 40 in 4.72.
- 2013 (110)
- 2012 (199)
- 2011 (225)
- 2010 (266)
- 2009 (380)
- 2008 (327)
- 2007 (561)
- 2006 (605)
- 2005 (89)